Will this be the year I do my shopping early? Probably not – why would I want to pass up on that rush of adrenaline that surges through my body as I remember on Christmas eve morning that Santa is yet to scratch off a few names from his list. Jokes. (ps. I wrote this post in late NOvember, so either I know myself well, or Im like a mini Nostrodamus who predicted by 11th hour approach to Christmas shopping…again! So just go with the following narrative, ok? hmmk) 🙂
Whilst I used to love the rush (and the bustle) of December shopping, now as a mama of many I feel like there’s just a lot more going on that needs my attention, and I’d like to make this a more calm festive season with lesss rushing. I think last years lockdown Christmas showed me that I can actually enjoy that pace instead.
So to help you (and me)get your last bits of helping Santa out, I’ve put together a solid list of toy gift ideas. Thanks to not only my kids trying and testing them out, but also chatting to the toys experts at Toys R Us, and their research, I’ve curated a list of top trending toys.
Since I have a range of ages between my four kids, I’ve added age appropriateness too (according to my kids enjoyment or interest in it) to help you get a sense of whether this toy would work for YOUR kid.
However, just as a nod to different budgets, just in case these listed here are not what you may be looking for then perhaps to help guide you just on principles of what’s popular with kids these days.
I’ve kept it short and sweet, so as to avoid the overwhelm, and just listed some of the few top favourites.
1. Rainbow corn – Guys I don’t know about you, but my girls are gaga over the Rainbow corns. And there are some pretty amazing variations available out there now too. Here are just two of them. Here and here
2. Lego friends Doggy day care – Lego will remain a beloved toy for young and old, and this doggy day care set will make for such a cute gift under the tree for the young ones for sure!
3. Barbie Colour Foam Scent Surprise. As if the original Barbie colour reveal wasn’t enough fun, this one brings so much more to the game. We had loads of fun with our Strawberry scented on, however, I heard form a little birdy that the pineapple is the best scent! 😉
4. Barbie tie dye set – combining so many loves into one gift: Barbie, crafting, fashion, creating…This tye die set brings it all!
5. Jurassic World Stomp ‘N Escape Tyrannosaurus Rex Dinosaur – this is a top toy selection and if you see it in action, you’ll know why. Great Christmas idea for the kids for sure.
6. Astro Trash -By far the most fun family game we own! And its perfect for ALL ages! Even Coco gets in on this action, while Mom and dad also have blast with the big kids. This game is fast paced, easy to learn and play and just SO Much fun!
7. Hot wheels colour reveal – The colour reveals are not just for Barbies, this fun little concept has carried over pretty well to the cars section as well.
8. Pets Alive , Petshop surprise – for those animal lovers and cuteness seekers alike, this little toy is sure to make a few hearts very happy this christmas. Not only does it have the mystery element that’s part of the toy trends, buts its super cute and talks repeats what you say to it.
Holler at me if you think I’ve missed a some truly top goft ideas for kids.
Ps. For gift ideas for older kids, keep an eye out for that. Or gifts for women, have a look here.