Guys…I’m no sweet tooth, but I also never shyed away from any delectable affair. And those that know me well, know that I’ll put it away for points if you let me. Especially if its baked cheesecake or brownies!(dont forget waffles, but for poetic license Im just gonna focus the 2 former goodies). Gosh, I LOVE cheesecake, and I’d passionately smash a brownie…but put them together? Oh Lawd, you’ll have me whistling dixie all the way to heaven!
And this recipe does just that! And what’s even better is that it is SUPER simple and quick to make – that’s like the kicker in my love affair with brownies, is just how easy it is to make.
Now when I say this is fam favourite, Im not kidding. We all love brownies here in our home (who doesnt?), but my crew devour a batch in minutes. In fact, it took some serious fighting off of grabby hands to just get these shots of the brownies. I literally had to fend off constant little hands trying to grab it. 🙂 And Im hoping your family loves it just as much.
Lets get started:
For the brownie mix itself, you can use this Salted Chocolate Brownie recipe of mine here. (you can skip the salt if you want, but for me that brings a great complimentary taste to it all.)
(dont bake it just yet, you’ll need to top it with the cheesecake mix first)
For the cheesecake mix:
What you will need:
-225 grams cream cheese
-1/4 cup sugar
-1/3 teaspoon vanilla essence
Preheat oven to 180’C
1. Once you’ve made the brownie mix, line your oven dish with wax paper, and some spray and cook.
2. Be sure to keep about 1/4 or a little less of the brownie batter in a separate bowl.
3. Fold the chocolate chips into the larger amount of the brownie mix.
4. Spread the larger amount of batter evenly into the oven dish.
5. For the cheesecake filling: Soften and smoothen the cream cheese and sugar in a bowl with electric beater for about 2-3 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
6. Add in the egg and vanilla extract, then beat until smooth.
7. Pour this cheesecake mix over the brownie batter in the oven dish.
8. Then add 1 tablespoon of very hot water to the reserved brownie batter and mix to make a thinner, but firm brownie mix.
9. Using a spoon, put dollops of this brownie mix all over the cheesecake.
10. Then use a skewer or something similiar to swirl the two batters together to form a pattern of your choice.
Mine looked like ovaries, with a touch of nutsacks in between 🙂 …not intentional. So i tried to swirl it some more.
11. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife or skewer inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached.
Cool the brownies completely, otherwise the cheesecake doesnt set well enough to enjoy. I know…the waiting is hard.
12.Use the wax paper overhang to lift the brownies out of the pan. Cut into squares, then serve. Or eat it all by yourself.
Let me know what you think! Im thinking i need to make some more right now, actually.