Guys…my love for holiday celebrations are well documented, I think. And as an extention of that, my love for seasonal holiday pyjamas follows neatly on trend…but its always just been Christmas jam-jams and Easter…And its been like that for years now, as it was also nicely timed with the kids needing new pyjamas round about that time. So there was always some practicality to it all…HOWEVER, I think we can all agree that we knew this day was coming…ladies and gents, I give to you….HALLOWEEN Pyjamas!
I know, I know..i’m just 20 cats and a pair of knitting needles short of being the crazy cat lady who’ll knit seasonal holiday attire for my garden knomes…But I’ll be darned if I stopped! It makes not only my kiddies happy, but it makes me happy too…And being happy about them being happy is like a crazy happy game of Inception! So clearly I have no intention of stopping!…But also, for the record, I don’t own any garden knomes….or cats…knitting needles. (But Whiskey, our dog, knows she may have escaped Halloween jamjams, but Christmas is a sure bet! – No ‘fur’ real, she gets jammies too.)
Now, I know that there’s a whole gang of you who also enjoy it, much like we do. Chances are your kids might need new jams and how dope would it be that they now get holiday jams that are cute…They are..just look!
Or maybe they don’t need, but you’d love to get them some too…HOWEVER, if you’re like me, sometimes the cost of living makes that its just not always financially feasible to do it. And trust me, I know that story all too well..I mean we have FOUR kids to shop for. So yeah, sure..its ok and not too much of a splurge to buy say for two kids for some…but times it by four, and all of a sudden, EVERYTHING is a damn splurge..(our food bill is becoming a joke, and Remy who eats like a grown man has really sped things up a bit the grocery spending isle!) 🙂
ANyhoo, the point being is that I’ve got your back! I’ve gathered some of my favourite Halloween Pyjama finds right here for you to shop. And Ive listed some that are decently priced, others than are priced as can be expected for holiday seasonal goods, and I’ve also included what I do to get things at a more decent price.
There’s not much, as Halloween is only just becoming more popular here in SA. But im sure we’ll get there.
Without further ado, here you go:
1. First up these super cute pumpkins & Bat kitty from H&M. I loved the striking colours and the cute-sie Bat Kitty. They are going for R179, which if you compare to say Woolworths regular pyjamas, are actually better priced. Especially for holiday themed jamjams.
H&M South Africa however, doesn’t seem to cater for the boys in the pyjama halloween department, so you bet your bottom dollar I bought for Remy from the girls section. I simply swopped out the kitty shirt for a a soft plain black sweater from PicknPay (R30)that I had bought some time back.
2. For those who’ve been frustrated with the fact that all the seasonal holiday jammies that we do stock in SA are never quite fitting for our weather this time of the year, you’ll be pleased to know that Cotton On gets you! Introducing SUMMER Halloween pyjamas! I snagged these for the kiddies as well – I knew Morgy would love the black cats on them.
They go for a R269 – which sadly seems to be the average price of good quality pyjamas these days. BUT I’ll tell you how I got these at better prices down below, later – with FOUR kids, you bet your bottom dollar Im looking for how to save money!
3. Then these oh my hat! Now these are a little pricier, but they are dope looking, and guys…glow in the dark! Cotton On gets Halloween right!See here.
4. Of course baby is not left in the corner, as these skeleton sleep wear also come in babygrows, at R249. Also glow in the dark. See here.
5. And for those asking, YES, they do come in matchy-matchy for mom and dad! Cotton On has them for R499. And yes, glow in the dark. See here.
6. Then there’s this pretty in pink spooky set, also perfect for when the warmer temps of our South Africa Spring do climb. Got to say, I was hard pressed between this set and those black cats. See here.
7. Also, last year, I had a skeleton onesie especially made up for Little Coco as part of our Halloween costumes, by Lesley…
But it still made for the perfect pyjamas, as it was a really soft cotton. This year, Remy has inherited it, and it makes for great jammies and just general wear. I paid R240 for it last year.
You can get hold of Lesley at email@example.com
8. Then there was this one….I found it pretty adorable in store. However not online. But perfect for baby.
Now, as for how I got our jams at a better price: Ok, so this is not rocket science, or some deeply hidden secret, Im merely a Perks member of Cotton On. And I’m here to say it’s a worthwhile point system to belong to. I’m not paid to say this, just honestly sharing my experience with it. (it must also be known that I’m generally not a huge fan of store cards and point systems. So few of them are actually worth it in my opinion.) But Cotton On’s Perks is a simple point system that scores you vouchers. And its easy enough to score decent points, depending on how often you shop there, of course. So much so that this last haul of PJ’s that I got from them (the black cats) ended up being cheaper than any pyjamas I’ve bought in the recent few years. So totally worthwhile for me.
Obviously, there are more pyjama sets on offer that fit the Halloween vibes – especially from Cotton On – but these are my favourites. If I’ve missed any from another retailer that you think absolutely need to be up on this hall of fame, then please, by all means, hit me up! I’d love to know too!