Guys! Wow!!! The outpouring of love and support from all of you has simply been amazing – thank you! (Especially over here)
Thank you for sharing in our excitement. For sharing in our surprise… and all done in love. Thank you. From my darling family, and my sweet,supportive and amazing little IG community, to all our friends, my favourite school moms, teachers, just everyone…thank you for all the texts and calls and giggles and messages …Even the well-intentioned stunned silences (you guys were the most amusing to us) ….we are grateful for the well wishes and shared excitement.
This, to us, is such an incrediblly exciting time – a little crazy too, maybe- but SO exciting, and we are so glad to have you along, celebrating with us.
Of course, this is a little off the path from what our original family plans were – they don’t kid when they say, “life happens when you’re out making plans”. But, man, I have all the faith in God, and trust that what he has laid before us is far better than any plans I could have cooked up myself. In fact, if i think about it, with all that I’ve asked of him for our future, this is probably exactly him answering it.
So whilst I am completely suprised, people often dont really believe that I am suprised, because I don’t really “act” like it. Mostly they just see the the big ass smile on my face…and I cant blame them, because honestly, whilst we didn’t at all plan this kind of timing, I am freakin BEAMING! (that is, under this thick coat of exhaustion, slight nausea and dizziness…I am SO beaming) 😉
And of course, the questions! I’ve gotten soooooo many questions from different people – from friends,readers and strangers. And I get it, its an interesting/curious case. So I’ll try my best to answer a few:
These are some I’ve been asked the most:
1. Did you plan this? 😆 Ummm,no…Im no sucker for punishment! 🙂 I’d be quite the mental case if I voluntarily gave up the last bits of energy and brain capacity I had to pregnancy right as I return to work! Guys, I had plans for my career. I was excited about certain projects. I was also excited about broadening my HypnoBirthing business. And then, BOOM. Preggo.
So, no. I didn’t plan it. But apparently God knows I love surprises 😉
2. How far along am I? I am 11 weeks right now. But I shared my news on IG when I was 8 weeks.
3. And yes,I’m ok with letting the world know so “early” (if you followed my two previous pregnancies,you’d know why😉💕 See here and here.) Basically, if youre new to my blog, I keep things VERY real around here.
4. Will they be Irish twins? Well, wouldnt that be cute?! But by the very definition of irish twins – born within 12 months or less of each other – no, we are not having irish twins. But it’s close enough – dang!
5. How will you handle breastfeeding? Is Yuriko-Mae still on the breast? I stopped about a two and half months ago, so thats not a matter I’ll have to deal with. However, breastfeeeding whilst pregnant is actually not a proble at all – except maybe just more exhausting on a preggo mama.
6. Were you on something (birth control) -yes,ppl actually DO ask this! 😆
Really close friends, I don’t mind at all, but I’m often surprised by just how “bis” some people are. So, just to avoid further odd questions in this vane, yes I was using something.
7. How will you manage four, especially with such a small baby already in tow? I have no idea, we will cross that bridge when we get there. I have no doubt it will be chaotic and exhausting, but we’re here now, and Im positive about it all.
But mostly, above anything else, what you must know is that we are very very VERY happy!
Some days Im feeling a little overwhelmed by the sheer exhaustion that the mix of first trimester and having a small baby while still working full time and still taking care of our two other kids can bring.
However, I’m very careful in expressing my “hardships” of this surprise pregnancy, and think twice about how to speak of it in a way that’s not insensitive to those many women who often struggle with this journey. I in no way ever want to be mistaken for being ungrateful, for this is always- ALWAYS- a blessed gift that I never take for granted.
So, yes, first trimester alwasy turns me into a bit of thundercloud/ Ee-yor, BUT through all the surprise, utter exhaustion, and heavy toll this pregnancy has taken on my body already, I am utterly besotted with this unborn child!
God was right – I LOVE surprises!